When it comes to online shopping, we all rely upon the brand name Amazon; since the start of their origin, the company has managed to enter into different sectors with premium quality products. Amazon prime video is also one of the most promising movie streaming services that have managed to win the users’ hearts in a short period. If you have got a working streaming device and amazon prime subscription, then consider yourself lucky.
We have seen many people struggling to find out how to get prime video on Roku; now, they are not familiar with streaming devices like Roku or have purchased the subscription newly. However, getting amazon prime video on the Roku device is quite simple, and we have shared some best ways to do it manually.
How To Get Prime Video On My Roku
There are many ways through which you can set up the prime video on the Roku device, but this is the best way to do it.
- Using Roku Channel Store.
- Using Personal Computer.
Using Roku Channel Store
Amazon prime video subscription is not limited to watching just movies; you can watch many other things on this beautiful platform. We will be using the Roku channel app store to add prime video on the home screen in this method.
- First of all, check if the Roku device is properly connected to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Press the home button from the Roku remote.
- Select streaming channels option.
- Now the channel store would open up, scroll down and find the amazon prime video option.
- Click on add channel option.
Now that’s how you set up the prime video on the Roku device in the easiest and best way. Unfortunately, many people who are using the old version of the Roku device have faced the issue of not finding out the amazon prime video application in the channel store. We can’t do anything about the channel store for such users since you will have to upgrade to the newer version or try other ways to get it done.
Set Up Prime Video On Roku Using Personal COmputer
The best thing about using the Roku device is that their support system is quite good and responsive. You can do lots of things through the web access version of the Roku device, and here is how you can add a prime video.
- Open your desired web browser using the computer.
- Go to https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/browse.
- Login to your Roku account.
- Then under the search box option, type in the prime video.
- Select excellent amazon video from the list of options.
- Click on the add channel option.
- Now go to your TV screen.
- You will find the amazon prime video on the list of subscribed channels.
Using this option is quite good considering that you will have to know the valid credentials like username and password for sign-in to the Roku account.
Set Up Prime Video On Roku Using Mobile App
Another one of the best options is to try using the app version of the Roku device from your smartphone and add your desired channel to the main Roku device.
- Open Roku mobile app from the smartphone.
- Click on the channels list from the bottom.
- Then select the channel store, search for prime video.
- Click on the add channel option from the right below.
- Your channel will be added to the display screen.
Casting Prime Video On The Roku Device
Now, if you cannot try out adding prime video on the Roku, then the best way for you is to use the option of casting. Casting can be done using a smartphone to a personal computer. We have recommended it because you can get to see your favourite movies, TV shows on the bigger screen in quite a few minutes. Here is how the casting can be done.
However, before we move ahead and try using the option of casting prime video on the Roku device, you should ensure that the smartphone is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open Prime video application on your smartphone.
- Login in to your account.
- Select any desired movie or Tv show you want to see.
- Now you will see the casting icon in the video player.
- Click on it, and a list of devices will appear.
- Select your Roku device, and it’s done.
Now you will be able to see that content from amazon prime video streaming on the big home screen also.
How To Install Prime Video On Roku
You can install amazon prime video on Roku using the channel store option on your Roku TCL TV. You can also install it using the channels store option by accessing it from the web version.
How To Watch Prime Video On Roku TV?
The best way to watch premium video on the Roku device is by adding it up on your home screen set up. First, add the prime video channel, then login into your account, and then you can watch anything with just one click.
Read Also:- How To Get Gears TV On Roku
So this is how to get amazon prime video on the Roku device, and even though many people get confused about it, it’s pretty simple. Amazon prime video has managed to challenge its biggest streaming competitor, Netflix, by adding new shows and movies. So having a Roku device is quite a blessing because this little stick can help you stream your favourite entertainment source on the bigger TV screen.
Usually, when you are getting an option to watch prime video on the TV and Mobile phone, you should always go with the first one. However, if you have found this helpful guide or have any other doubts or questions, leave a comment below; we will be happy to help you.
Venkatesh Joshi is an enthusiastic writer with a keen interest in activation, business, and tech-related issues. With a passion for uncovering the latest trends and developments in these fields, he possesses a deep understanding of the intricacies surrounding them. Venkatesh’s writings demonstrate his ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise and engaging manner, making them accessible to a wide range of readers.